On May 22nd, we launched our Facebook page! The content of our page reflects our vision - to create and promote opportunities for the New Zealand public to engage in a range of craft activities across a broad range of disciplines.
We regularly post New Zealand and international craft news and opportunities for the public to get involved and learn more about craft. Take a look and 'like' our page or 'share' it with your family and friends. www.facebook.com/CraftAotearoa
208 individuals and organisations like our page - find out why!
We are interested in posting content that stimulates, informs, provokes, engages, and educates. Occasionally we will let you know what we are up to but mostly we are interested in showcasing and supporting your craft activities. This might include upcoming craft workshops, conferences, events, markets, research, and publications, as well as resources and links that can inform and educate. We also want our page to be a place where you can connect with others and we welcome your ‘wall comments and links.’ You might like to look at our extensive range of craft and design organisations that we have ‘liked’ as well, both nationally and internationally.
How can you get involved?
1. ‘Like’ our page - then Craft Aotearoa updates will appear in your Facebook news tab meaning you will always be kept up to date and will also be a part of our journey as we grow and develop.
2. Share what you read on our page with your friends and colleagues. You might want to encourage them to ‘like’ us too! We are starting from scratch, so your help in reaching those interested in craft will help us to build an audience and ensure that our content is relevant. If you are a craft or arts organisation, you might like to support our work by promoting our page to your members via your e-newsletter, website, or direct email. Let us know so we can do the same for you too.
3. We are in the process of building an online photo gallery of contemporary New Zealand craft and object art – if you would like your work to be considered for publication email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Send us your craft news so we can let others know. Either email us direct, send a Facebook message, or post directly to our ‘wall.’
5. If you have family or friends that like to buy or collect craft, or take craft classes, then you might like to forward them our page so they can learn more.
Thank you to all our supporters and over 200 'likers' so far – your contribution and feedback is invaluable. We look forward to seeing you on our Facebook page!